MO Wong – Product Development – Stanford Who’s Who Certified
Electrical/Electronic Engineering & Semiconductor Industry Expert Distinguished For Achievements With Altera
PENANG, MALAYSIA, July 16, 2013 /Stanford Who’s Who/-- Stanford Who’s Who proudly announces the addition of MO Wong to the distinguished ranks of professional individuals as a result of his extraordinary work in the field of electrical/electronic engineering and semiconductor industries. As Senior Manager with Altera, as well as throughout his entire career, MO has consistently demonstrated the dedication, vision, and skills required to be considered among the best.
Altera is a technology leader in programmable logic ICs and a trusted design partner to electronic system design teams across the globe. The company builds sustainable relationships based on a foundation of advanced silicon technology that includes the world’s fastest and lowest power FPGAs, multi-GHz transceivers, and complex PLDs. Founded in 1983, Altera has grown from an honorable component vendor into a trusted partner in integrated system design. Today, Altera is recognized as a leader in programmable logistic solutions that enable system and semiconductor companies to innovate and win their markets in a rapid and cost effective manner.
For the past 12 years, MO Wong has served as Senior Manager of IC Test, Verification and Characterization with Altera. Drawing on his engineering education, he commenced his career in the technical sector as Senior Engineer with Intel Corporation, where he accomplished the following during his service there:
- Completed new product development and qualification for few micro-controllers and embedded microprocessor products.
- Involved in semiconductor design, validation, fab, sort, assembly and test qualification.
- Key leader and trainer for the site electrical and physical failure analysis and reliability engineering.
- Conducted more than 50+ semiconductor devices’ physical failure analysis by utilizing equipment and tools. Eg: SEM/SAM, EMMI, microscope, plasma etcher, liquid crystal, etc.
- Key driver for product burn-in reduction
- Key leader for the customer return failure analysis and factory QA failures.
MO then went on to become the co-founder of ProEd Technical Consultant, a technical training/education consultancy company that provided training need analysis, courseware development and various engineering skills training courses to multinational and local Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) companies in the Northern region of Malaysia. As co-founder and Principal Technical Consultant MO accomplished the following:
- Appointed as experienced trainer for few Motorola, Agilent, AMD, Fairchild Semiconductor, B. Braun, Robert Bosch, Intel, Altera, Komag/WD, Seagate, and SME in-house technical programs.
- Served as Senior Lecturer/Tutor for Engineering Council (UK) degree, BTEC Higher National Diploma (UK) in EE & Mechactronics/Mfg Engineering and City & Guilds (UK) certificate programs at PSDC.
- Led the PSDC center to be accredited as ISO9000 for its BTEC Higher National Diploma (UK), and achieved the 1st center to achieve such a quality certification in Malaysia.
- Helped PSDC setting up E&E and Computer labs for practical and hands-on trainings that aligned with industrial need.
- Successfully helped produce more than 1000 students in getting Professional degrees, diplomas and certificates for various engineering disciplines. Graduated students were generally more competent and fast in adapting to a new environment and contributing to the company’s projects due to the courses being well aligned to industrial need.
- Successfully brought up the technical skills competency for many multinational and SME companies in Penang from various custom made courses and training.
In 2001, MO ultimately assumed his current role with Altera. MO’s strategic leadership and management position allows him to display his full set of skills in engineering, project management, strategic planning, High-Speed FPGA, circuit theory, Signal/Power Integrity, and product development. The following are his accomplishments so far:
- Successfully grown a team of 10 engineers to more than 100 engineers, with new product introduction projects that are aligned with company goals and objectives, and leading the team to achieve these goals
- Planning and Budgeting – translate company goals into actions and plan the necessary resources that meet immediate and future growth needs.
- Define, develop and implement strategic and tactical plans that drive towards realizing the company business goals from a test, validation, characterization and product perspective.
- Motivate, develop and grow the team such that they have a dynamic team that is effective with ready leaders to meet growth challenges.
- Attracting, developing and retaining talent.
- Promote networking within the region to build support and ecosystem development that is beneficial to the organization’s need as well as industry.
- Engage with suppliers and vendors to ensure reliable delivery of quality service and products pertaining to test and operations.
- Represent the product engineering in working with governmental and non-governmental organizations in R&D collaborations and SME vendor development.
- Provide leadership and support to team as well as customer on their methodology and quality.
- Drive innovation, research and benchmarking initiatives to protect their IP.
- Collaborate with various internal (e.g. Product Engineering, IC Design, Software, Operations, Sales) and external stakeholders both locally and at other Altera sites.
Mr. Wong possesses a solid academic foundation that complements his extraordinary expertise, including a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Malaya and Master’s Degree in Microelectronics from the Multimedia University of Malaysia. Over the course of his career, MO has published over 10 technical papers and has had one patent approved in U.S. In 2009, he was honored with the Champion of Change Award by Altera.
In his leisure time, MO has been providing metaphysics consultancy in the life transformation of Career Transformation, Wealth Creation, Building and Preservation, Relationship Building and Enhancement and Health Improvement since 2010.
Use the following link to view more information on MO Wong
Browse the Stanford Who’s Who Social Media Branding website
About Stanford Who's Who
Stanford Who's Who empowers executives, professionals and entrepreneurs around the world. Our mission is to recognize successful individuals in multiple industries by providing a forum for networking, consulting, exposure and credibility to broadening one's future success. Realizing the power of forming business and professional relationships, we have created numerous resources that our members use for a multitude of reasons. With access to thousands of professional biographies of individuals in over 100 different industries, our members utilize our database to recruit others, to announce their career accomplishments, and for lasting, valuable relationships that extend beyond our membership program.
Press Release Keywords:
Altera, building and preservation, career transformation, circuit theory, electrical engineering, engineering, FPGA, health improvement, High-Speed FPGA, Malaysia, metaphysics, MO Wong, multimedia University of Malaysia, Penang, PLD, product development, project management, relationship building and enhancement, Signal/Power Integrity, Stanford Who’s Who, strategic planning, transceivers, University of Malaya, wealth creation
- Andrew Van Homrigh - Religion | Spiritual Services - Stanford Who's Who Certified
- Jillian Samson - Healthcare - Stanford Who's Who Certified
- Valerie Barnes - Human Resources - Stanford Who's Who Certified
- Catherine Gibson - Art - Stanford Who's Who Certified
- Kaye Pedretti - Healthcare - Stanford Who's Who Certified
If you have any questions regarding information in this press release, please contact the person listed in the contact module of this page. Stanford Who's Who disclaims any content contained in this press release.
Please see the complete Stanford Who's Who Terms of Service for more information.